To broaden your reach to learning and research resources, the Library has collaborated with other UGC-funded Universities to offer the Joint University Librarians Advisory Committee (JULAC) Library Card for your physical access to their libraries.
Note: Some JULAC Libraries or their campuses may implement restricted access conditions for JULAC Library Card Holders according to their own policy (e.g. examination blackout period or other concerns). Please check their websites for details of the conditions of entry before planning your access.
Card Types and Eligibility
- JULAC Library Borrower Card
- Eligible for full-time academic & administrative equivalent staff members, full-time research staff, and postgraduate students
- Physically access to other UGC-funded libraries with checkout privileges (subject to individual libraries)
- Borrower Cards issued to postgraduate students will generally expire on the expected date of completion of their course of study
- Borrower Cards issued to staff will expire upon termination of service with Lingnan University
- JULAC Library Reader Card
- Eligible for undergraduate students
- Physically access to other UGC-funded libraries without checkout privileges
- Reader Cards are valid from 1 August to 31 July of the following year
- The renewal application will be handled in late July to align with the renewal policy of our partner libraries
Processing / Replacement Fee
- Free of charge to eligible users for new application
- For Reader Card, an annual fee of HK$50 will be charged by each host library for each registration and renewal
- HK$50 will be charged for a card replacement in case of loss or damage
Terms and Conditions
- The JULAC Library Card must be activated separately for each UGC-funded library the user wants to visit
- Users must abide by the library regulations of the corresponding libraries
- Show your JULAC Library Card and your LU card on request
- Hold only one valid JULAC Library Card at any time
- Do not let anyone else use the Card
- Report to the Library If you lose or damage the Card as soon as possible
- Return the Card to the Library on graduation, or at the end of your employment, or upon the expiry of the Card
Application Procedure (New / Renewal / Replacement)
|Eligible new staff and students can apply for your JULAC Card only after a week you obtaining your LU card.
Please submit using the application form (Lingnan login required). The Library will issue the JULAC Card within 14 working days upon receipt of the application. An email will be sent to you once the card is ready for collection, please pick up the card in person at the Service Counter with your staff or student card.