This service is to assist our staff and students to extend their reach of circulating materials beyond the four walls of the Lingnan University Library by initiating the loans yourself.
- Whenever an item is not acquired by our Library or has been checked out by other users but it is "Available" in other UGC-funded University libraries, LU staff and students are eligible to request and check out the item from other seven UGC-funded University Libraries via Hong Kong Academic Library Link (HKALL) platform.
- Simply make a search at the HKALL platform, if the copies match the above conditions, you can sign in on the top right corner and follow the on-screen instructions to place your requests.
- If the request is successful, Library will notify you by email when the item has been delivered to the Lingnan University Library for your check out at the Service Counter.
- Staff can also request the Library to deliver the requested library materials to their Department General Office within the University by using the Office Delivery Service.
- Please note that request and checkout quotas for the HKALL books are shared with the checkout quota of Lingnan Library materials, details can be referred to Checkout Privileges.