Located on the 1/F of the Library, the Late Reading Room is a cosy and collaborative commons that supports quiet reading and private study.
The Late Reading Room serves as a learning hub to meet students’ quiet study needs and is available overnight. The Room provides students with 6 large study tables and 60 seats on a first-come-first-served basis. High Use Books are for overnight access. You may check them out at the Self-Checkout Station.
The 2 Computer Rooms, connected to the Late Reading Room, are also open for overnight access. In addition to Wi-Fi connections and power sockets, the Computer Rooms are equipped with Public PCs, iMacs, Library-Use-Only Database Workstations, and Special Educational Needs (SEN) equipment to meet the learning needs of students. Colour and B&W Multi-Function Printer (MFP) are available for printing, copying and scanning.
In addition, 14 Postgraduate Research Carrels are designated to meet the research needs of postgraduate students. Eligible users (Research Postgraduates, Taught Postgraduates and Staff) can book the carrels through the Rooms / Facilities Booking System and use them up to 30 minutes before the Library closes.
Access and Hours
- Only current Lingnan staff and students are eligible to use the Late Reading Room and the 2 Computer Rooms after the Library closes.
- Eligible users can access and leave the Late Reading Room via the Entrance on 1/F.
- Seats are available in the area on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The area would be closed for cleaning every day before the Library reopens. All users are required to leave the Library during the closing time with their personal belongings. After cleaning, the area and other parts of the Library would be reopened to users.
Using the Rooms
- Both the Late Reading Room and Computer Rooms are for quiet study.
- Always be considerate to others. No food or drinks, and no loud discussions are allowed.
- Users should take care of their personal valuables and belongings and not leave them unattended in the Library.
- All Library users are reminded to observe the Library Regulations.
- For users’ safety, security guards are stationed outside the Room to patrol the overnight study area regularly.