To broaden your reach to learning and research resources, the Library has collaborated with other UGC-funded Universities to offer the Joint University Librarians Advisory Committee (JULAC) Library Card for your physical access to their libraries.
Some JULAC libraries or their campus may implement restricted access conditions based on COVID-19 vaccination status for all JULAC Library Card Holders according to their university's policy. Please check the webpages or directly with the libraries concerned for details of the conditions of entry before planning your access.
The followings are the JULAC Library Cards for your application:
JULAC Library Borrower Card
The following eligible users can apply for a JULAC Library Borrower Card for physically accessing the UGC-funded university libraries and checking out their library materials. The checkout privileges are subject to the policies of the corresponding host libraries.
- Full-time Academic and administrative equivalent staff members
- Full-time Research Assistants
- Postgraduate Students
Please use the online form for registration (Lingnan login required). The Library will issue the JULAC Card within 14 working days upon receipt of the application. An email will be sent to you once the card is ready for collection, please pick up the card in person at the Service Counter with your staff or student card. (Due to a large number of applications in early-mid September, the processing time may be prolonged. )
JULAC Library Reader Card
All undergraduate students can apply for the JULAC Library Reader Card to visit other UGC-funded university libraries physically and access their library materials, but without any checkout privileges.
- Eligible users can apply the Reader Card via the online form (Lingnan login required) for each library separately.
- The JULAC Reader Card is valid from 1 August to 31 July of the following year and is renewable. The renewal application will be handled in late July to align with the renewal policy of our partner libraries.
- The Reader Card must be activated separately for each UGC-funded library the user wants to visit.
- A processing fee of $50 will be charged by each UGC library for each activation. The processing fee must be paid using a crossed cheque payable to the corresponding institutions of other UGC-funded libraries. Users must abide by the library regulations of the corresponding libraries.
- Black-out periods may apply when service demand is high, e.g. during examination periods.
- Students must abide by the library regulations of the corresponding libraries.
Note: LIFE, Associate Degree Programme and self-financed programmes students are NOT eligible for application.