Apart from current staff and students, and alumni, other users are welcome to apply for appropriate library cards to become a member of the Lingnan University Library. The Lingnan University Library reserves the rights to grant these privileges and they are subject to withdrawal with short advanced notice. The payment of the application fee is not a guarantee of access and no refund will be provided.
- Spouse / Children of Lingnan University Staff Members
- Lingnan Staff Members on Non-University Payroll
- Council and Court Members
- Long-serving Retired Staff
- Non-Lingnan JULAC Staff and Students
- Institutional Users
- Other External Users
Spouse and children (aged 15 or above) of Lingnan staff members may apply for a "Staff Spouse / Child Borrower's Card". Please visit checkout privileges page for details of their loan privileges. Please click here to register online.
Lingnan staff members employed by individual departments / research units or Visiting Scholars who are not issued with the University staff ID card may apply for a Library Card free of charge. Their checkout privileges will be assigned according to the role of the staff members. Remote access to library subscribed e-resources would not be available due to license restrictions. Please click here to register online.
Card holders of the Long-serving Retired Staff’s Borrower Card are eligible to use the selected databases. The list of selected databases for remote access are available at: https://libguides.ln.edu.hk/databases/affiliates
Details and eligibility of the Long-serving Retired Staff Borrower's card:
- Annual fee: free of charge
- Refundable Deposit: HKD500
- Card Validity: 2 years
- A Lingnan University retiree who has served the University normally for 10 years or more
- Definition of Lingnan University Retiree, according to the Staff Handbook (Part J, Section 2)
- If the appointment is on general or substantiated continuous terms, the staff member shall normally retire on the 30th June coincident with, or immediately following, his / her 65th birthday, subject to such extension as the University may grant to him / her
- The University Council may, at its discretion, permit a staff member to retire earlier than the normal retirement age, but not earlier than the age of 60
- Non-Lingnan JULAC Library Card Holders (eligible staff and postgraduate students) can register their JULAC Library Cards issued by their home libraries, at the Service Counter of the Library for accessing and checking out Lingnan Library materials. Please visit the checkout privileges page for details.
- For eligible undergraduates of other UGC-funded universities, they can bring their JULAC Library Reader Cards issued by their home libraries to access Lingnan Univerity Library. A processing fee of $50 will be charged for activating the non-Lingnan JULAC Library Reader Card. Such registration will expire on 31 July every year and a fee of $50 must be paid again to activate the Reader Card.
Non-UGC tertiary institutions may apply for up to 3 institutional library cards for accessing Lingnan University Library. Please note that the request will be considered on an individual basis. The library reserves the right to reject any application. For details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other external users may apply for an External Borrower's Card or Reader's Card. (Please note that all new and renewal application will be suspended due to Library Renovation from 1 June 2020 to 28 February 2022.)