The Library welcomes collaboration with Faculty staff of the University to offer tailor-made library workshops specifically for your courses and held in your classes. Our Library staff will work closely with you on designing the library workshops and meet with the learning outcomes of your courses.
To complement your teaching and enhance the research skills of students, including searching of academic resources, effective searching techniques, complying with academic integrity, research topic selection and development, etc., the Library will offer workshops on all these skills and techniques that can be embedded in your course.
Roles of Faculty
To facilitate the Library staff to design the tailor-made Library workshops, the Faculty staff should:
- identify the needs of the students;
- contact the Library that you are interested to be a partner of Library workshops;
- suggest topics for the Library to cover in the workshops; and
- inform the students about the arrangement of the Library workshops
The Library will take care of the rest!
Timing of the Workshop
Our Library staff can offer the workshops to suit your class schedule. It is recommended to offer the Library workshops to students within 1 to 1.5 months before the deadline for submission of assignments.
Options for you
Our Library staff can customise the content of the library workshop to suit the students’ needs. Topics of the workshops include:
- Information Discovery (1-Search techniques / Subject-specific databases)
- Searching reliable information from the Internet
- Citations and Introducing Reference Management Tools
- Evaluating Information on relevance and authority
Testimonial from previous partnering Faculty members
Should you have any enquiries, please contact the your Library Liaison.