Welcome back and hope you had a Happy New Year. The Library is delighted to update you on the following Library services:
1. Service Resumption of Late Reading Room
The Late Reading Room services will be resumed on 17 Jan. The Room will be closed for 30 minutes for cleaning before the Library opens. The opening hours of the Library and the cleaning schedule of the Late Reading Room are as follows:
|Library Opening Hours||Cleaning Schedule of the Late Reading Room|
|Monday – Friday||8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.|
|Saturday||9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday||1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
- High-use Books are now available in the Late Reading Room for overnight access and checkout.
- The new Computer Room, connected to the Late Reading Room, will also be open for overnight access except during the cleaning time. The Room is equipped with Notebook Computers, Multi-Function Printers (MFP), and toilets.
- Both the Late Reading Room and Computer Room are for quiet study. No food or drinks, and no loud discussions are allowed. Always be considerate to others.
- All Library users are reminded to observe the Library Regulations.
Please note that Late Reading Room will NOT provide services from Chinese New Year Eve on 31 Jan 2022 1:00 p.m. to 3 Feb 2022. The services will be resumed on 4 Feb 2022.
The operation and availability of the Late Reading Room services will be subject to the pandemic situation.
2. Tightening Entrance Gate Access
As there are theft cases and abuse of facilities reported in the Library, the Library found it necessary to request all users to tap/present their cards when both entering and leaving the Library starting from the week of 17 Jan, 2022. Again, we would like to remind you not to leave your personal valuables and belongings unattended in the Library.
3. Collections on the Move
New bookshelves have been built on 1/F and 2/F to house our print collections back from storage. The Library is now shelving the books and tidying up the area. In case you cannot locate the items you are looking for, please make a request at our 1-Search platform or approach our Service Counter for assistance.
The Library is eager to offer more learning space to you and hopes you enjoy this 24-hour Late Reading Room. Any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org is welcome.
Lingnan University Library
14 January 2022