In response to the University's updates on work arrangements and considering the staffing levels of the Library and the social distancing that should be kept, the Library will adjust its service scope and opening hours from 8 March 2022 (Tuesday) until further notice.
1. Closure of the Library on Saturdays
The Library Opening Hours will be adjusted as below:
|Opening Hours||Mondays to Fridays||9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (unchanged)|
The overnight access and service of the Late Reading Room and Computer Room will remain unchanged. All communication channels via phone, e-mail, WhatsApp, Signal, Instagram and Facebook remain uninterrupted.
2. Area for public access
Only 1/F Library will be open for public access. The whole floor of 2/F and 3/F, as well as all study rooms and other parts of the Library, will be closed for public access temporarily. This can help the cleaners concentrate their efforts on the 1/F area. The access to the library materials on these floors as well as other e-resources are spelt out in the following.
3. Access to the Library Collections
- Users can access and check out the High Use Books and Books Collection (LC Class A-HJ) located on the 1/F. For other Library collections, please request via 1-Search. Library staff will retrieve the materials for your pickup.
- Our e-resources are accessible 24x7. Users are encouraged to use our e-resources for your study and research.
- E-resources: https://www.library.ln.edu.hk/en/collection/eresources
- Database List: https://libguides.ln.edu.hk/databases
- Subject guides: https://libguides.ln.edu.hk
- CHECKING OUT: Users are required to use the Self-Checkout Station at the Lobby and encouraged to use the ultraviolet (UV) book sterilizer to disinfect the books.
- CHECKING IN: ALL Library materials (including Multimedia, Course Reserves, HKALL and Interlibrary Loans) have to be returned via book drops located at:
- Library Entrance
- G/F Main Building near the University Main Entrance
- The covered corridor at 1/F SEK Building
- The grace period of checking in Library materials will be extended. The Library will waive overdue fines incurred during this limited service period. However, to ensure equitable access to the library materials, please return the checked out items by the due date as far as possible. If the items cannot be returned in person, please mail them to the Library at the following address:
Fong Sum Wood Library
- If you have difficulties in returning library materials, please contact us via email@example.com
- HKALL and Interlibrary Loan Service
- All eligible users can continue to place HKALL requests once HKALL delivery service resumes. Interlibrary Loan service with non-JULAC libraries will continue. Users are welcome to submit requests. Library staff will continue to handle them.
During this period, our enquiry service including Phone/Email/ Whatsapp/Signal enquiries as well as other services including library workshops will remain normal.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please contact us if you have any queries.
The Library will continue to monitor and assess the situation closely. Due to unforeseeable circumstances, the opening hours and services of the library and all the above-mentioned procedures are subject to change with very short notice. Your understanding is appreciated. You are advised to check the Library website before visiting the Library.
7 March 2022